We finally made it, BYU football is finally here! Today at 1:30 p.m. (MT) BYU kicks off against the Virginia Cavaliers in Charlottesville. It’s a huge game for BYU on many levels. Can Robert Anae’s go fast, go hard offense get off to a big start in a BCS opponent venue? Can the offense score more than 24 points? How will the defense perform? What can we expect from the cornerbacks? There’s many questions involved with this matchup that will finally be answered today.
Here are some predictions for what we should see in Charlottesville.
- BYU running back, Jamaal Williams runs for over 100 yards and gets 25 touches in the game. BYU’s offensive attack will be built around this sophomore sensation.
- Quarterback Taysom Hill will throw more interceptions than touchdowns.
- Despite a few interceptions by Hill, BYU will win the turnover battle over a Virginia team that has been -35 in turnover margin the past five seasons.
- Kyle Van Noy will record a sack and force a fumble. What else is new for the consensus pre-season All-American pick?
- Justin Sorensen will make all of his extra point and field goal attempts.
- Bronco will have a celebration from the sideline a la Boise State goal stand from last season.
- Offensive line will win the line of scrimmage.
- Alani Fua will lead the team in tackles.
- BYU takes down the Cavs, 20-13 to go 1-o on the season.
Those are my predictions. What are your predictions for this exciting game one? Post your predictions in the comments section or send us a tweet @LawlessRepublic.