Utah (2-1) at BYU (1-1)
8:15 p.m. MDT
LaVell Edwards Stadium
Television- ESPN2; Mark Jones (play-by-play), Brock Huard (analyst), Lewis Johnson (sideline)
Radio- Cougar IMG Sports Network (KSL 1160 AM, 102 .7 FM, KSL .com, BYUcougars .com, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143) Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Marc Lyons (analyst), Nate Meikle (sideline)
- ESPNU’s Road Trip is in town for the game. The show airs Wednesdays.
- This game marks the 89th meeting between the two schools. Utah leads the series 53-31-4.
- The Utes have won three straight games in the series. BYU’s last win came in OT back in 2009.
- Both teams will be in their home jerseys, Utah in red, BYU in the royal blue special edition jerseys.
- The Utes come in with a Top 15 rush defense, while the Cougars tout the nation’s #2 rush offense, this will be a fun matchup to watch unfold.
- On the other hand BYU has a passing offense ranked #111, Utah has the #112 ranked pass defense. Can the Cougs take advantage of the Utes weakness?
- BYU is currently tied for first in the nation in field goal efficiency(100%).
- Coach Mendenhall is undefeated in games following a bye week.
- With Spencer Hadley suspended, Pikula and Beck will step in to fill the gap left at MLB.
Quote from Coach Mendenhall- “Six of the eight (games v. Utah) go down to the last play; the ones that don’t usually mean there’s 13 (BYU) turnovers in 2 games.” BYU committed six turnovers (-6) in 2008’s 48-24 loss, and seven turnovers (-5) in 2011’s 54-10 loss.