After much anticipation, the Lawless Republic crew is in Madison and ready for BYU to take on the Badgers in this historic matchup.
Haven’t seen many BYU fans so far in Madison. I would imagine there will be more tomorrow at the game.
Initial thoughts on Madison:
- Great city with a cool vibe to it. Camp Randall Stadium is nestled in the middle of the campus. Kind of surprised me how it’s in the middle of it all. Was expecting the stadium to have more open spaces around it.
- If you’re a Wisconsin fan and you wear your teams gear, you have numerous stores to get Badger gear. Amazed at how much selection there is for Badger fans. Makes you envious, and it makes you realize BYU needs to step their game up in terms of merchandise.
- The hotel I’m staying at has hostesses with Wisconsin gear on, but they have a pin that says, “Welcome BYU fans!” Offering to help out Cougar fans who have questions about the city.
- Wisconsin fans have been very kind. But at the same time I get the sense they think this game is going to be a cake walk for ‘ol Bucky. They have a different thing coming.
- The bars and restaurants in this place are great. It’s easy to see why Wisconsin is considered one of the top party schools in the country on an annual basis. This place makes you want to party.
We will have more from our trip throughout the weekend. So far it has been a great trip. Huge opportunity for BYU to get a win over a ranked opponent in a historic venue.