Back in April, here at Lawless Republic we released depth chart predictions for the 2014 season. With media day taking place today, we started to get a better idea of what that depth chart will look like heading into fall camp (July 29th).
Here’s the depth chart tweeted out from 1320 KFAN’s Kyle Gunther:
— KYLE F GUNTHER (@GuntherKFAN) June 23, 2014
Some of my initial takes on this depth chart:
- Brock Stringham is now listed as the starter at right tackle. Former starter Michael Yeck switches to the left side and is behind De’Ondre Wesley.
- Ryker Mathews is not listed on the two-deep which is what we predicted here at Lawless back in April. Injuries have been major setbacks for him. He will have an opportunity in fall camp to get back in the two-deep. Speaks to how well Ului Lapuaho performed during spring football.
- Return missionary Travis Tuiloma is battling for a starting spot at nose tackle or right end. Would expect Tuiloma to take over at NT with Remington Peck occupying the right end spot.
- At free safety, Skye PoVey or Dallin Leavitt are listed as the top two guys. Nebraska transfer Harvey Jackson should walk into this spot and take over. No question he’s the best player for the position.
- Nick Kurtz is not a clear-cut better option than Colby Pearson and Kurt Henderson? Wide receiver two-deep will drastically change when fall camp starts with Jordan Leslie, Devon Blackmon, and Trey Dye joining the program.
- Terenn Houk is listed as the top inside receiver. Will be interesting to see how the inside receiver spot fares this year. Expect to see some four-wide sets this season.
What are your thoughts on the new 2014 depth chart? Post your thoughts in the comments section or tweet us @LawlessRepublic.